Learning Activity – the Components of Visual Identity
Watch the video on Lynda on the design of typography: Logotype Design with Doyald Young.
|Practical assignment 2|
|Getting to grips with the components of visual identity (4 hrs)|
All assignments must be uploaded onto your WordPress blog by the end of the second week of Strategic Design, week 12. (The final deadline is Sunday at midnight.)
Resources and equipment for this week’s learning activities
- Lynda course on Logotype Design with Doyald Young.
- Lynda course on Design Techniques in Photoshop and Illustrator by Deke McClelland.
- Designing Brand Identity by Wheeler, A.
- Branding, Vaid, H.
- Toothpicks and Logos, Heskett, J.
- Logo Design Workbook by Adams, S. and Morioka, N.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
The three most important components of visual identity are:
The difference between logotype and signature is:
- A logotype is a word (words) in a determined font.
- A signature is the specific and nonnegotiable designed combination of the brandmark and the logotype.